I encountered the following error with JMS Adapter when the message was redelivered from queue.
Resource adapter invoked onReject without an associated exception
- Oracle SOA 188.8.131.52.8
- JMS Q configured with redelivery option.
- SOA Project with a JMS Adapter to consume from a JMS Queue. Uses an XA Datasource
- BPEL component with oneWayDeliveryPolicy set to “sync” ; transaction set to “required”.
- Throw activity to throw fault
When a rollback fault or remote fault is thrown from the bpel , transaction is rolled back and message is put back in JMS Queue. The message is redelivered based on configuration and gets processed successfully.
However when a “binding fault” is thrown from the bpel , transaction is rolled back. Message also gets redelivered based on configuration. However JMS Adapter rejects the message with error “Resource adapter invoked onReject() without an associated exception”
Have a catch / catch all branch to catch binding fault . Rethrow “remote” fault. This way any binding fault will be thrown as remote fault and adapter will not reject the messages.